Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Writing.....

Writing (Technically its Typing..... actuall) ..... Well Many people seems to enjoy it. Like me...?? I like it a lot...!! But the only problem is that I hardly sit down to actually write something (This -ates my first 2 lines :-( ).

But really the problem with me is different... Lazy (Am I.., ??). But its not the case
for many. So why is it that people like it a lot. Particularly in this Web 2.0 universe ?

Its the connectivity, access to information and the democratic right of web-world "freedom of expression". In early days when this internet was at its geek stage, if you want to express yourself, you have to either talk to someone (which is always the toughest thing to do) or write a book (which again you need a lot more than just thoughts) or at the least you must have the habit of writing a personal journal (for some reason it is always one of the pet secrets many had). All of these takes a lot of discipline, time and dedication to actually do it. And the major problem with this is the effort you have to put into it, like vocabulary (I sure don't wanna look like a mediocre in a "YENGLISH" world). And most of all, the target audience will mostly be the people who know exactly who you are, which scares many of us.

So what does the leverage in Web 2.0 that brought so many of us to freely share their thoughts, by actually writing it. Anonymity, Exposure, Ease of use and most of all, the target audience who only cares what you write and nothing about who (the heck) you are. At least these are the reasons why people like me are coming forward with this kinda blogs, the so called "my inside self". I don't have to worry about what will people think about me once I write something, because no-body cares (it would probably just a waste of 5 mins.) and for others its just another blog in the internet. And the effort that has to be put for this is not much, very little actually.

Expressing yourself is a good thing. But having the courage to do so is even better. So I'm trying to express what I think. You know the target audience in my case is ? Its just me.

No comments: